Dinner Discussion with Leaders in East Asian Affairs 2009-11-3
Join us for an evening of stimulating conversations over a sumptuous dinner with 5 leaders in East Asian affairs. At this event each Asian expert hosts a table of 9 young professionals for dinner and discussion on current political, cultural and social issues. Registration will begin at 6:45pm, and after introductions we will proceed to dinner and discussions.
Topics for Discussion
• China and the Global Financial Crisis with Pieter Bottelier, Senior Adjunct Professor of China Studies, SAIS
• Journalism in China with Arnold Zeitlin, Managing Director, Editorial Research & Reporting Associates (ERRA)
• Clean Technology Collaborations between the U.S. and China with Dan Ye, Founder and C.E.O., Sinautec Automobile Technologies
• U.S.Education about China with John Flower, Director, Chinese Studies Program, Sidwell Friends School
• How to improve disaster relief in Asia with Aiichiro Yamamoto, Chief Representative, Japan International Cooperation Agency U.S.A Office
Sejong Society of Washington, D.C.
China Society SAIS China Studies
the International Student House and US-China Education Trust